Various solutions for presence detection
In the past, I have already tried different solutions for presence detection in a smarthome. WIFI detection, motion detectors, door contacts and a combination of everything. They were all very inaccurate, sluggish and not very reliable. More information here.
WIFI lost contact when one was only briefly in the garden. Motion detectors sometimes reacted at the wrong moment, or sometimes not when another movement was “active” and door contacts were only helpful in combination with the other two systems.
So, as you can see, the topic has been driving me for quite some time. With well-functioning presence detection, you can add some interesting features to your smarthome. Here some examples:
- With voice control, you can now leave the room away
- The light can be switched on and off automatically at night
- Light is automatically switched off in case of prolonged absence
- The alarm notification will be automatically armed when you are not there.
- The heating system could certainly be controlled, but I have left out due to the Inertia of underfloor heating.
Below you will find further details::